South carolina 3 hour test

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyoligist2

I have bought many tapes and books but they all call for a 6, 7, 8 hour open closed test (i'm 51 and i can't retain all that info). I need info on the 3 hour (80 Question) open book SC test. I have to pass next time or i'm gone! I don't do anything but PLC's and Motor controls so I don't need to know how to wire a house, pool, etc...... But a power above decided I need a journeymans license! I need a drill without theory and extra stuff, just what i need to pass!!!! What course (a quick one) do I need? If I don't pass this time I may need a license because I'll be out of a job!i only have till July!

pierre

It doesn't sound to me like there is any quick fix for your situation.
You have two choices as I see it.
1. sit and mope about your situation as you only do PLCs - there must be a reason you are not telling us why they want you to have a journeymans license.
or
2. buckle down and get to work studying your butt off. If you can perform with the PLCs, you can study and learn what you need to know by July for this test. If you are not lazy... and this is important to you... take a class and work hard. It's only your future and your job. Whats it worth to you????

hockeyoligist2

Hmmm.

Hmmm.

I started not to give you the pleasure of an answer.
You Said "Quote"
It doesn't sound to me like there is any quick fix for your situation.
You have two choices as I see it.
1. sit and mope about your situation as you only do PLCs - there must be a reason you are not telling us why they want you to have a journeymans license.
or
2. buckle down and get to work studying your butt off. If you can perform with the PLCs, you can study and learn what you need to know by July for this test. If you are not lazy... and this is important to you... take a class and work hard. It's only your future and your job. Whats it worth to you????

First of all I'm Not sitting and mopeing, only asking for a little help, (which some kind person has offered)
Second I have a Masters in Electronics, (Lazy..... No.... ) and I don't pull wires, run conduit, or work in the Construction Trade!! Never wired a house or installed a pool!!! (And never will) That is what the Journeyman's license is for!!!!!
The reason Why that I have to Have a Journeyman's License is Because someone that doesn't know what my job is all about, said electricity.... OH he needs a Journeyman's License!

Buckle Down? I think a Masters in Electronics shows I'm capable of that!

Maybe, pierre and hardworkingstiff need to realize that a person asks for help doesn't mean they aren't trying. And by the way Can either of you Program a PLC ????? Doubt it......

tshea

Re: Hmmm.

Re: Hmmm.

hockeyoligist2 said:
Second I have a Masters in Electronics, (Lazy..... No.... )
The reason Why that I have to Have a Journeyman's License is Because someone that doesn't know what my job is all about, said electricity.... OH he needs a Journeyman's License!

Buckle Down? I think a Masters in Electronics shows I'm capable of that!

And by the way Can either of you Program a PLC ????? Doubt it......

Tell the higher up you have a Master's in Electronics! Show him your sheepskin!
I'm sure you are not lazy! Take a course at the local community college. They should have something.
And yes I can program a PLC!

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.