Electrical Engineer Licensure Exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

abcd

Hello to everyone I just want to ask for advice from anybody.Im a Registered Master Electrcian here in our country. I am planning to take licensure exam for Registered Electrical Engineer for the third time cause I failed the past two board exam.I really study the subject scope but I just could'nt make it.What special effective technique am I still lacking to pass the exam?Can anybody give me a guidance base on your experience?
God Bless people!

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Re: Electrical Engineer Licensure Exam

Are you talking about taking the ?Principles and Practices? examination that is administered by the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Land Surveying (NCEES)? Does this mean that you have already taken and passed the ?Fundamentals of Engineering? exam, and are already registered (in at least one US State) as an ?Engineer in Training? (also known as ?Professional Engineer Intern?)? If not, then I am not certain what exam you are asking about. I took both tests back-to-back, on two consecutive 8-hour test days, 12 years after I received my BS-EE degree. It took a great deal of work to prepare for the two tests. I can?t begin to offer study suggestions, unless I knew if we were talking about the same test, and unless I knew more about your educational and professional background.

In my state (Washington), you need 8 years experience working under a Registered PE, in order to become licensed as a PE yourself. You can get credit for 4 years of an engineering degree program. Some foreign degree programs have already been accredited, and others have not. They?ll waive the EIT exam if you have 12 years experience after having received the BS-EE degree. But being a Master Electrician is not normally on the path to becoming a Registered PE.

dereckbc

Staff member
Re: Electrical Engineer Licensure Exam

I can only re-enforce what Charlie has already said. In my home state to become a PE you must have at least a BSEE, 5 years training under a PE with documented project history biography, 3 notarized letters from PE?s, and pass the ?Principles and Practices? test. In my state you can take the EIT & PE exams while still in college, but must still wait at least five years while working under a PE, and meet the rest of the requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.