motor control questions on experior

Status
Not open for further replies.

bphgravity

Re: motor control questions on experior

Most exam questions that I have seen on motor controls involve a drawing of a fairly basic motor control diagram.

The diagram will show all the contacts, overloads, relays, signal lights, switches, etc...

Each of these locations will be given a corresponding number. You will then be given a few questions regarding this drawing and the sequence of events for operation.

Here are a few non-diagram type common questions:

1. A "stop" switch will be wired in ______ with the control circuit?

a. series b. parallel c. multiwire d. the overload relays

2. What type of control circuit must be restarted in the event of an interrupted power source?

a. two-wire b. three-wire c. continuous d. reactor type

3. The term "NC" represents what type of switch or contact?

a. no contact b. nice coil c. never close d. normally closed

pam

Hi..Where in the code is the answersfor your first two questions? I have to admit I have little hands on with control devices.

bphgravity

They aren't. This is basic wiring design and circuit theory. Not all exam questions will be dervided directly from the NEC. :)

nortiviv

I was taught that the stop switch is PART of the control switch. So, how can it be wired in relation to it (i.e. part in relation to whole--is your arm connected to perp. or adjacent to your body)? This is a poorly worded question, imho. Or...maybe I look at the questions a little too deeply?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.