recent exam in SC

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyoligist2

I failed the jouneyman test again..... one question i can't find the answer for,not exact wording but close.

A service passing thru another building requires
a- must be encased in 2 inches concrete
b- must be in RMC
c- must be buried and covered with 1 inch concrete
d- must be under the supervision of the same person

bphgravity

Re: recent exam in SC

(E): Section 230.3

I bet the answer they were looking for was "A" based on conductors considered outside of a building or structure, however thats not the way the question reads.

hockeyoligist2

Thanks, My mind was so blown out by that time that I can't remember exactly! Do You know if a highlighted code book is allowed in SC? Before I spend $170? Thats my biggest problem is finding things that I haven't memorized.

bphgravity

Most exam providers permit a highlighted reference, however be sure to check directly with that organization.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician

All the Journeymans exams I have taken in different locations (been a long time though) allowed you to take your own highlighted book into the exam.

On a another note though, State Licensing exams in NC given by Promisor, you can not take anything in to the exam room, they furnish pencils, calculator, scrap paper, and code book, which all get left after you finish.

Roger

bphgravity

Yeah, Promissor is the most stringent. I had to take an exam a few weeks ago with them and they basically emptied my pockets into a locker. The proctor went through the books pretty good too. I had a lot of written notes which are suppose to be prohibited, but the proctor went right by them and didn't make a single comment.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician

Bryan, did they take your picture to attach to your results?

They did here.

Roger

hockeyoligist2

In the SC exam you have to provide your own code book. They flash thru it. and they will not allow any scrap paper or anything extra. I had a quick lookup index (with page numbers) and they took it away from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.