Any recommendations for a good grounding course?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kameele

I went back a few pages and didn't see anything that looked like that, so hope I'm not repeating a common question.

I find myself doing many loops within Section 250 every time I get started on a grounding question. So I'm looking for some training. I'd love to have someone explain it to me so I can actually remember some of the things I seems to forget each time.

I'd prefer an in-person class, but if there are good on-line or canned programs, I'd certainly consider them. I will take a look at Mr. Holt's offerings, too. (seems to be the least that I could do ;) )

Thanks for any input.

SolarBri

Grounding & Bonding

Grounding & Bonding

I took an excellent 16 hour seminar from Mr. Joe Striano at the electrical training center in Copaigue here on Long Island. New Hampshire to Long Island is not that bad of a trip, I can do 5-6 hours to Concord.

That is of course if Mr Holt is not coming close by any time soon :)

Brian

radiopet

if you are not able to attend an actual seminar like the ones many of us give around the country. I would recommend Mike Holts Grounding Versus Bonding DVD and associated book. it will explain the nuts and bolts of the subject.

bphgravity

There are probably hundreds of FREE online tutorials and courses available if you just do a little searching. Many times, you can find them on manufacturer's websites.

I would start with Mike Holt's Grounding VS. Bonding book along with the NEC Handbook. From there, move on to the Soares Book on grounding. Fill in the gaps with some online education and training.

( If you plan on being in the SW Florida area in November, the Gulf Coast Div of the IAEI will be holding a 5 hour G&B course presented by John Minick of NEMA and a 2 hour Lightning Protection tutorial presented by me. )

Last edited:
Since you are looking for a session with a person, the NFPA has classes in the New England area, try their website www.nfpa.org .

Your state's head inspector also provides classes up in NH, you should try and reach out to him, he is very good.

Type "grounding and bonding" at google, or whatever search engine you use and hold on....

Status
Not open for further replies.