krone

Status
Not open for further replies.

electricalperson

can anybody explain to me what a krone phone system is? i see the punchdown tool online and my helper gotten one from his verizon buddy but i have never worked on a system like this before.

TOOL_5150

Its similar to 110 punch down, but IMO way better - the tool doesnt damage the block every time you punch down.

Krone is not just for telephone - they do high grade network components as well. I have krone jacks and blocks in my house, and I specifically use krone only for my small datacenter.

Krone items cost much more than your big box supply, but once you deal with krone, youll see why. If you want a krone tool - id go to ebay as they are a fraction of the price.

~Matt

iwire

Staff member
i don't know anything about the system

I don't think Krone is a 'phone system' any more then Hubbel is an 'electrical system'. Both companies make devices.

I don't know much about LV work but I was told one advantage with a Krone block is you can put more than one conductor under a terminal, if you do that with a 110 block one conductor can end up loose.

TOOL_5150

I don't think Krone is a 'phone system' any more then Hubbel is an 'electrical system'. Both companies make devices.

I don't know much about LV work but I was told one advantage with a Krone block is you can put more than one conductor under a terminal, if you do that with a 110 block one conductor can end up loose.

Agreed, Krone does not make phe systems; Nortel and Cisco do.

What you were told about 2 conductors is true, they have to be the same size though. I think it has to do with their 45 degree IDC rather than the other manufacturers 90 degree IDC.

~Matt

Doug S.

I am aware of many the advantages of Krone's products, and have not done telco work in many years. I still shiver when I hear the name. Not foresure why, maybe I was scared of the 45? block, or the occasional extra conductor in a "slot", or just that it was "different" (from 66 / 110 blocks). < Quuuiiiivvvveerrr >

Didn't Krone also make a PBX? IIRC they did.

Doug S.

Status
Not open for further replies.