IAEI CEI Residential

Status
Not open for further replies.

knoppdude

Hello all. I am studying for the above listed test using Mikes material, and the one and two family book by IAEI. Does anyone have experience with this test, and does it differ much from state license exams. Thanks for any and all responses. Also, if I pass the written, I still have to perform about two dozen actual inspections to become certified.

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
The test is easy you will pass it. It is not hard at all. As long as you know how to use the code book, the test is easy. Don't stress over it.
But the problem is getting your inspections done. If you don't work as an inspector it is very hard to get inspections done. I tried all of different local jurisdictions to try to tag along with them so i can do inspections but they wouldn't allow me because i wasn't an employee.

So before you take the test i would suggest plan on the inspection end of it first.

Last edited:

knoppdude

Thank you Edward, and thanks for the test info, I would rather be over ready. I have heard from the city inspector that there are private inspection companies that offer field training, for a fee. I will look into this and write when I get more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.