Trouble modeling an Open Delta in ETAP 12.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwtucker

Hello all,

I am trying to model an open-delta service in ETAP 12.5. The scenario I have is as follows:

A utility feeding an open-delta transformer bank (two cans) with two phases (or two "hot" lines). On the secondary is the open delta that feeds three-phase, 240V.

In ETAP, I have the utility grid modeled as a 1-phase source the feeds into the open-wye (primary) side of the transformer bank. The open delta side I have modeled as three-phase 240V feeding just a single bus. When go to the short-circuit/arc-flash module, fault the bus, and run a SC or AF simulation, it doesn't display anything. When I double click the bus and scroll over the short-circuit/arc-flash tab, none of the values are populated. Same goes when I try to use the load-flow module. Just to make sure that it wasn't just the failure of the modules themselves, I modeled a three-phase utility going into a three-phase tranformer that feeds a LV bus, faulted the bus, and was able to run the simulation and obtain values without issue.

Are there any other things I need to be considering when modeling an open-delta service in ETAP 12.5?

Smart $

Esteemed Member
...A utility feeding an open-delta transformer bank (two cans) with two phases (or two "hot" lines). ...

In ETAP, I have the utility grid modeled as a 1-phase source the feeds into the open-wye (primary) side of the transformer bank. ...
Any 3? system requires at least three wires with 120? out-of-phase voltage relationships.

Status
Not open for further replies.