Power System Analysis Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

strap89

I would like to add to this and ask if anyone knows of a good power systems analysis program with a more modern and user friendly interface than what's out there. I use SKM...love/hate. Feels better suited for Win 95.

wbdvt

Occupation
Electrical Engineer, PE
I think it would depend on what you are using the program for. For example, if you are doing a Harmonics analysis you will want a program that has a module for that. I have been using EasyPower for a number of years and it does everything I need and is easy to use. Also, EasyPower has a program called OneLine Designer which allows someone to build the model but not analysis it. This works well for me as the data collector can build the one line and enter data. He sends me the one line, I perform some checks on it and do the analysis.

Bugman1400

This topic has been covered before and you'll get great info from searching through some of the old threads.....however, to paraphrase those threads....ETAP is best!:lol:

NewtonLaw

In My Opinion ....

In My Opinion ....

I would like to add to this and ask if anyone knows of a good power systems analysis program with a more modern and user friendly interface than what's out there. I use SKM...love/hate. Feels better suited for Win 95.

The best I ever used was Cyme, http://www.cooperindustries.com/con...stems/products/power_engineeringsoftware.html, by Cooper Power Systems but it may be more than you need. EPRI also offers various power system analysis software. EMTP, Electromagnetic-Transient Program, created by the Engineers at the Bonneville Power Co. and improved and kept by EPRI is also extremely powerful.

If you want simpler software, it might be best to consider what application you want most and look for something specific. The simpler programs such as SKM, Easy Power and others have both good points and lesser points as you have pointed out.

Hope this helps.

There are a lot of softwares out there you can choose from.

My preference is ETAP, but I'm biased since I haven't used any other softwares but I do hear it's one of the best.

I have seen a couple tutorials online from SKM, but think the ETAP interface is easier. I heard Easy Power is good also.

Status
Not open for further replies.