3dfs - just hype ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdoerfler

You need a wider definition of energy storage

You need a wider definition of energy storage

Your mouth is a form of energy storage for your stomach.

We are a computing solution in parallel working at the nano/micro level. Your manly understanding of lots of power is charming, but in reality, we only need to store energy for milliseconds, max. Because we are installed in parallel, we can charge our energy storage while we are correcting.

It in input and output interface for energy storage, and specifically mentions batteries in its claims. To the extent that it does not include any technology for the energy storage itself it is indeed flexible, but not necessarily either practical or non-obvious.
Many of the claimed features for stored energy management are incorporated into currently available devices, including hybrid grid interactive inverters. Which makes the approval of those patent claims seem dubious to me.

cdoerfler

Everybody got jokes

Everybody got jokes

I know you are being silly, but there are people who honestly want to learn about this and comments like that muddy the waters. This is a new concept for everybody. It comes with growing pains. I am eager to answer real questions and solve real problems. Damn near every problem that exists related to power quality and stability can be solved by just cleaning and balancing the electrical energy.

What about the quantum level? :)

cdoerfler

Dismissal of power factor and harmonics, what about phase balancing?

Dismissal of power factor and harmonics, what about phase balancing?

I cannot expect anybody who measures electricity with RMS values to understand the impact that harmonics and power factor really have on the electrical network as a whole.

If you measured your bank account by how often it declined, would that be considered accuracy?

Let's talk about phase balancing. Phasebalance2of2.jpg phasebalanc1of2.jpg

The benefit here is enormous, no?

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
You enjoy engaging with engineers,do you? On behalf of the engineering community, I am flattered. But I have now read enough to be convinced that it is not worth our time and energy to engage in a discussion with you. Here is where you flat out failed:
If a motoris rated at 1200 RPM and it is fully loaded, does it remain at 1200RPM? No. Why is that? I am sure you have some reason, but let me tell you what is really happening.
I know perfectly well what is happening. The amount of torque that is imposed on the rotating component (i.e., the rotor) is directly related to the difference in the speed of rotation of the magnetic field surrounding the rotor (i.e., that field being generated within the stator) and the speed of rotation of the rotor itself. The field will rotate at exactly1200 RPM (it is not physically possible for it to be otherwise, so long as the power supplied to the motor remains at exactly 60 hertz). The rotor will rotate at a slightly slower rate. The difference is measured using the parameter “slip.” The greater the difference, the greater the slip, and the greater the torque that is imposed upon the rotor.

When SDE is installed in the network, power is delivered perfectly to that and every other motor operating in the network no matter the load factor. That results ina 1200 RPM motor remaining 1200 RPM whether it is loaded or not.
If the rotor is rotating at exactly the same speed as the rotating magnetic field (i.e., both at 1200 RPM), the slip will equal zero, and no torque will be imposed upon the rotor. Friction will cause the rotor to slow down, resulting in an increase in both slip and torque. This will continue until the amount of torque applied to the rotor matches the amount needed to drive the load.

So now that I am certain that you are talking total nonsense, I will end my participation in this thread.

NOTICE TO FORUM MEMBERS:

As a Moderator of this forum, I have the ability to close this thread. I choose not to, in the interests of supporting the freedom of speech that we enjoy in this country. However, I recommend that we all stop posting comments. Let us drive this thread into oblivion by our non-participation, thereby demonstrating to cdoerfler that we collectively don’t believe a word he has posted. Let this be our motto:
Freedom of Speech Also Means Freedom to Choose Not to Speak.

cdoerfler

I Guess Popular Mechanics Due Diligence was just BS?

I Guess Popular Mechanics Due Diligence was just BS?

I do appreciate your knowledge of motors, but am not clear on how you would understand the effect of SDE on one? I assure you that we went through a decent due diligence with Popular Mechanics when they awarded us this but surely you must know more having never seen this in real life.

Thank you for being judicious enough to leave this open for others to review. I will not continue unless prompted.

You enjoy engaging with engineers,do you? On behalf of the engineering community, I am flattered. But I have now read enough to be convinced that it is not worth our time and energy to engage in a discussion with you. Here is where you flat out failed:
I know perfectly well what is happening. The amount of torque that is imposed on the rotating component (i.e., the rotor) is directly related to the difference in the speed of rotation of the magnetic field surrounding the rotor (i.e., that field being generated within the stator) and the speed of rotation of the rotor itself. The field will rotate at exactly1200 RPM (it is not physically possible for it to be otherwise, so long as the power supplied to the motor remains at exactly 60 hertz). The rotor will rotate at a slightly slower rate. The difference is measured using the parameter “slip.” The greater the difference, the greater the slip, and the greater the torque that is imposed upon the rotor.
If the rotor is rotating at exactly the same speed as the rotating magnetic field (i.e., both at 1200 RPM), the slip will equal zero, and no torque will be imposed upon the rotor. Friction will cause the rotor to slow down, resulting in an increase in both slip and torque. This will continue until the amount of torque applied to the rotor matches the amount needed to drive the load.

So now that I am certain that you are talking total nonsense, I will end my participation in this thread.

NOTICE TO FORUM MEMBERS:

As a Moderator of this forum, I have the ability to close this thread. I choose not to, in the interests of supporting the freedom of speech that we enjoy in this country. However, I recommend that we all stop posting comments. Let us drive this thread into oblivion by our non-participation, thereby demonstrating to cdoerfler that we collectively don’t believe a word he has posted. Let this be our motto:

cdoerfler

I must commend you charlie b

I must commend you charlie b

All of the people engineers and non, that have installed 3DFS into data centers, manufacturing and government facilities were much more extensive in their intellectual probing of our technology. Your ability to assess technology for which you have zero expertise over the internet without anything but having read a forum thread is remarkable.

Let's dissect your comment about the motor, "it is not physically possible for it to be otherwise, so long as the power supplied to the motor remains at exactly 60 hertz"

Square that with REALITY. Frequency control in microgrids is the number one problem and it never remains at 60Hz. Even grid power frequency fluctuates, so how does your comment shed any light on the solution that I am presenting? You just vomited a massive amount of knowledge of motors and then so egocentrically declared that as "proof" that everything I have said is a lie.

If you would bother to probe, you would learn that our technology provides much more capability that the antiqated methodology of frequency control. We offer precise phase control, which will obsolete frequency control as a solution to stability and control.

I broke my rule about not responding unless prompted, but I must admit that I was astonished that your lack of understanding of my technology combined with your knee jerk penchant of speaking absolutely for others, wrapped in an absurd banner of free speech is insanely juvenile and history will prove you to be a Luddite in this regard.

This will be my last post unless prompted and I feel a Henry Ford quote is appropriate, "If I had asked my customers what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse."

rbalex

Staff member
Occupation
Professional Electrical Engineer
I am closing this thread because your statement, "All of the people engineers and non, that have installed 3DFS into data centers, manufacturing and government facilities were much more extensive in their intellectual probing of our technology​." indicates it is essentially a sales pitch which is prohibited.

Status
Not open for further replies.