Restaurant Kitchen Equipment Feeder Calc

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
Its been a while since I've dealt with cooking equipment. How do you calculate the feeder and panel board size- along with the demand factor? What counts as continuous vs none continuous? Does none coincidental load (where found) apply in such a case? Do I need to take in potential loads after the fact? For some reason I am doubting myself on this one.

These are the loads in question:

Attachments

• kitchen load.jpg
    kitchen load.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 33

lielec11

Order monitor- 1800VA? Some of those loads are probably boilerplate from 20 year old equipment. :blink:

-Hal

What they don't tell you is that the "order monitor" is actually Chi-Fil-A's new robot that takes your order, cooks your chicken, and then compliments you after it serves it. :cool:

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
I think Table 220.56 would apply. Add the loads in the schedule and use a demand factor of 65%.

Thats what I was looking for! :)

Order monitor- 1800VA? Some of those loads are probably boilerplate from 20 year old equipment. :blink:

-Hal

Thats what they want register receptacles factored in at- 1,800 va. I think it has something to do with other equipment being plugged in below the registers like routers and such.

de2

I am working on a similar project and have had same question.
Example you have deep fryer and coffee/tea maker in the list. To me these are continuous loads and they will be on more than 3 hours. So I did not apply 220.56 demand factor to those.
I like to be liberal on my design and safe, so what I did what everything in the kitchen I multiplied by 1.25 as all continuous loads.
A restaurant/deli will be on about 12 hours a day and tell me which coffee machine wont be on more than 3 hours.

Here is the objection will be coming from other forum members if any; continuous load means using Max current more than 3 hours. There is the argument, deep freezer or coffee machine will be on more than 3 hours, but do they use Max current continuously more than 3 hours. I said yes to this question and made engineering recommendation to my client to upgrade the existing service to accommodate the renovation. Now it is up to the client.

Restaurant or deli, everything in the kitchen will be used more than 3 hours and everything will use a lot of current. Instead of picking max current or 3 hours or not 3 hours I totally ignored the table 220.56 which I believed the right thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.