LOwer or higher

Status
Not open for further replies.
NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
I haven't been to the site yet. Going this morning.

Customer has two robotic lawn mowers that uses a buried fence wire. Each has its own section of lawn. Area 1 occasionally has a strip of un-mowed grass often enough that they are asking for help to determine why. Mowers themselves can be moved to the each area with similar results always in Area 1.

The fence and mower can operate at selectable frequencies. What is better for spotty reception? Lower or higher? Or is it just try them all to see how it works? The installer has tried different ones but admits to skipping some of the lower frequencies.

We will check to make sure his fence is not faulted and with some witching skills of my help, determine that an old hippie van isn't buried in that part of the yard. Maybe.:roll:

sameguy

Occupation
Master Elec./JW retired
Lower.
A woofer will send a wave through walls.
Wifi lower again better through obstacles.

Adamjamma

if it is only in same area every time would suspect underground wiring there that is close to frequencies, or even metal pipe underground that is some how getting same vltage frequency once in a while

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Robotic lawn mower? That's a service call we haven't had yet.....

Should be interesting.:)

Robotic gopher Ninja!

Lower frequencies are better for solid obstacles for sure, if that’s what the problem is. Aside from a pipe that has become accidentally energized, there’s also the possibility of a gas, sewer or drain pipe that has cathodic protection on it.

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
We did our thing. I would have failed the trouble area perimeter wire (fence) and the guide wire as being faulted to found if it hadn’t been so similar in readings to the good area. No freq drive on the well. Power lines not close. Size of the area well within limits

add: supplier was going to put in latest software updates.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.