Circuit Breaker Frame/Sensor/Plug - Definitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defenestrator

Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Can someone explain to me what the difference between the Frame/sensor/ and plug for a larger circuit breaker? Or provide a link so a whitepaper that does?

For example:

GE WPH-16 with
Frame: 800-2000AF
Sensor: 1600
Plug: 1200
The type/model is Wavepro LVPCB

I think i understand Frame, but im not exactly sure about Plug and Sensor. For context this is for SKM modeling.

zog

Frame is 1600 on a WPH-16. Sensor is the CT rating, plug is the rating plug on the trip unit which would be either a MVT+ or Entilligaurd (Should be a 1600:1200A plug).

Defenestrator

Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Frame is 1600 on a WPH-16. Sensor is the CT rating, plug is the rating plug on the trip unit which would be either a MVT+ or Entilligaurd (Should be a 1600:1200A plug).

are the sensor or plug adjustable in the field without swapping out a some hardware?

ron

are the sensor or plug adjustable in the field without swapping out a some hardware?
I'm not sure if the plug is field replaceable on this particular breaker, but the trip value can be adjusted by adjusting the long time pickup which is a multiplier of the plug (typically 0.5 to 1.1 in steps of 0.1 or 0.05 depending on the trip unit installed. http://apps.geindustrial.com/publibrary/checkout/DET-195?TNR=Data Sheets|DET-195|PDF

The sensor is not field replacable

On other breaker styles, the plug is often replaceable and / or adjustable.

Last edited:

zog

I'm not sure if the plug is field replaceable on this particular breaker, but the trip value can be adjusted by adjusting the long time pickup which is a multiplier of the plug (typically 0.5 to 1.1 in steps of 0.1 or 0.05 depending on the trip unit installed. http://apps.geindustrial.com/publibrary/checkout/DET-195?TNR=Data Sheets|DET-195|PDF

The sensor is not field replacable

On other breaker styles, the plug is often replaceable and / or adjustable.

Rating plug is an easy swap that can be done in the field

Status
Not open for further replies.