SKM Question; breaker setting QAQC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defenestrator

Occupation
Electrical Engineer
This one's for the engineers,

Does anyone have any tips on how to make sure that breakers that are supposed to be the same are actually the same across scenarios? Same question with breakers in the same scenario

The best way ive found is to use the data visualizer, but i haven't found a nice organized way to display breaker settings within the data visualizer.

Maybe its a dumb question, but ive been getting cross eyed trying to make sure everything is the same in the data visualizer.

JoeStillman

Here's how I would do it;

1. Setup the first of the typical breakers with your Library selection, trip settings etc.
2. On the one-line, select that breaker and right click. Pick "Copy Data"
3. Now select the rest of the typical breakers. If there are a real lot of them, you can create a query filter.
4. Right click on one of the highlighted typical breakers. Pick "Paste Data". Your settings will be replicated in all of the selected breakers.

Defenestrator

Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Here's how I would do it;

1. Setup the first of the typical breakers with your Library selection, trip settings etc.
2. On the one-line, select that breaker and right click. Pick "Copy Data"
3. Now select the rest of the typical breakers. If there are a real lot of them, you can create a query filter.
4. Right click on one of the highlighted typical breakers. Pick "Paste Data". Your settings will be replicated in all of the selected breakers.

How does the query filter work?

JoeStillman

How does the query filter work?

It's a way of selecting all the devices in your model that are of a certain type. It's a pretty complicated function. Right-click in a blank area of the one-line and pick "Query" from the menu that pops up. Then press F1. It's worth the trouble to read through the help screens and try it a few times.

Whenever I'm trying new stuff, I like to work on a copy of an actual project. Then I'm not afraid to push all the buttons and see what happens. My sandbox file is called "Crash Test Dummy."

Defenestrator

Occupation
Electrical Engineer
It's a way of selecting all the devices in your model that are of a certain type. It's a pretty complicated function. Right-click in a blank area of the one-line and pick "Query" from the menu that pops up. Then press F1. It's worth the trouble to read through the help screens and try it a few times.

Whenever I'm trying new stuff, I like to work on a copy of an actual project. Then I'm not afraid to push all the buttons and see what happens. My sandbox file is called "Crash Test Dummy."

Thanks, Ill give it a try. Im working on a huge SKM oneline and feel like im drowning at the moment so maybe next week.

Magic Gorge

You can go to the Crystal report under "TCC" and it will populate a list of devices/settings so you can compare a little more quickly. Also, you can try using different datablocks, I believe there is a "protective device settings" datablock, so you can see them on the one-line instead of having to click on every one. You can also create/customize datablocks.

JoeStillman

You can go to the Crystal report under "TCC" and it will populate a list of devices/settings so you can compare a little more quickly. Also, you can try using different datablocks, I believe there is a "protective device settings" datablock, so you can see them on the one-line instead of having to click on every one. You can also create/customize datablocks.

What he^ said! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.