wireway fill

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannyb

Occupation
Electrician
I need to a wireway for 6 paralleled 4-600mcm looking to see if i did this right. I wanted to use a 12x12 wireway

12x12x20%= 28.8 / .8676 or 600mcm wire= 33.1 meaning i can install 33-600mcm wires. So i can use 12x12 wireway? did i do this right?

oldsparky52

I need to a wireway for 6 paralleled 4-600mcm looking to see if i did this right. I wanted to use a 12x12 wireway

12x12x20%= 28.8 / .8676 or 600mcm wire= 33.1 meaning i can install 33-600mcm wires. So i can use 12x12 wireway? did i do this right?

Looks right to me.

I'm assuming you are not going to splice in this wireway.

mannyb

Occupation
Electrician
Looks right to me.

I'm assuming you are not going to splice in this wireway.

no Sir we just need the wireway to extend wire into building. We want to use wireway as a chase or extention into a Switchboard. BTW You think we need to use bonding bushings to each and or all penetrations?? There will be 6 conduits for feed.

oldsparky52

no Sir we just need the wireway to extend wire into building. We want to use wireway as a chase or extention into a Switchboard. BTW You think we need to use bonding bushings to each and or all penetrations?? There will be 6 conduits for feed.

If you are punching your own holes to the correct size, then no you don't need a bonding bushing. I would however use a bonding locknut (that's just me).

What type conduit are you using?

Where are you entering the wireway (at the ends only, at the top or bottom, or combination)?

Designer69

do electricians typically use power distribution blocks inside wireways or do they prefer to just splice the cables?

Status
Not open for further replies.