Handhole for Service Conductors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handhole for Service Conductors

I have a couple of questions for service conductors between an exterior utility pad-mounted transformer and a Main Switchboard.
    [LIST=1][*]Can there be a in-ground handhole/pullbox for the service conductors? I am assuming there is nothing in the NEC which disallows this. [*]Can these service conductors be spliced in the in-ground handhole/pullbox?[*][/LIST]

I appreciate the help in advance.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Shujinko View Post
    I have a couple of questions for service conductors between an exterior utility pad-mounted transformer and a Main Switchboard.
    [LIST=1][*]Can there be a in-ground handhole/pullbox for the service conductors? I am assuming there is nothing in the NEC which disallows this. [*]Can these service conductors be spliced in the in-ground handhole/pullbox?[*][/LIST]

I appreciate the help in advance.

Thanks.
    Sure and Sure - although might want to check with the POCO if these are unmetered conductors. Often such a setup is where the service point is, but it could be completely customer owned with the service point at the tranny spades too.
    Ethan Brush - East West Electric. NY, WA. MA

"You can't generalize"

Comment

Like mentioned above, from an NEC standpoint, there are no issues.

The utility co. may want to put their two cents in, so it's worth a call in case they have any thoughts on the subject.

Comment

Thanks. I talked to the POCO and they are ok with the handhole and splice.

Comment

Working...
        X