1200a feeder

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannyb

Occupation
Electrician
I have a 1200a H1 panel sections 1 and 2. Section 1 is the 1200a breaker that will feed a section 2 that will house all the breakers. Is there any requirements for installing the switch in electrical room that I might want to be aware of when I install other than egrees. I keep thinking of GFPE that I need to be aware of. If anything comes to mind please share.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
I have a 1200a H1 panel sections 1 and 2. Section 1 is the 1200a breaker that will feed a section 2 that will house all the breakers. Is there any requirements for installing the switch in electrical room that I might want to be aware of when I install other than egrees. I keep thinking of GFPE that I need to be aware of. If anything comes to mind please share.

Is there even a requirement it be put in an "electrical" room?

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Echoing Bob's point, I don't know of any rule that says that any piece of electrical equipment has to be located in an "electrical room." But it is in such a room, then the rules for a second exit from the working space might come into play. It depends in part on which code edition applies to the project. This rule has gone through a number of revisions over the past several cycles.

Status
Not open for further replies.