1200a feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1200a feeder

I have a 1200a H1 panel sections 1 and 2. Section 1 is the 1200a breaker that will feed a section 2 that will house all the breakers. Is there any requirements for installing the switch in electrical room that I might want to be aware of when I install other than egrees. I keep thinking of GFPE that I need to be aware of. If anything comes to mind please share.

Originally posted by mannyb View Post
    I have a 1200a H1 panel sections 1 and 2. Section 1 is the 1200a breaker that will feed a section 2 that will house all the breakers. Is there any requirements for installing the switch in electrical room that I might want to be aware of when I install other than egrees. I keep thinking of GFPE that I need to be aware of. If anything comes to mind please share.
    Is there even a requirement it be put in an "electrical" room?
    Bob

Comment

Echoing Bob's point, I don't know of any rule that says that any piece of electrical equipment has to be located in an "electrical room." But it is in such a room, then the rules for a second exit from the working space might come into play. It depends in part on which code edition applies to the project. This rule has gone through a number of revisions over the past several cycles.
      Charles E. Beck, P.E., Seattle
      Comments based on 2017 NEC unless otherwise noted.

Comment

What voltage, GFPE isn't required for 208Y/120.
        Rob

All responses based on the 2014 NEC unless otherwise noted

Comment

Originally posted by infinity View Post
          What voltage, GFPE isn't required for 208Y/120.
          215.10 says Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by xformer View Post
            215.10 says Yes.
            No it doesn't. GFPE is required if the voltage to ground is above 150V. A 120/208V system has a voltage to ground of 120V.

Charles E. Beck, P.E., Seattle
            Comments based on 2017 NEC unless otherwise noted.

Comment

Originally posted by charlie b View Post
              No it doesn't. GFPE is required if the voltage to ground is above 150V. A 120/208V system has a voltage to ground of 120V.

I stand corrected.

Comment

Working...
              X