NYC power outage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by romex jockey View Post
    Maybe ConEd is waiting for that confrontation to air the real culprit MBrooke ? ..... maybe they've a new subcontractor lined up ? ~RJ~

Hope so. I mean they made a promise:

https://www.coned.com/en/about-us/me...rom-con-edison

Over the next several days and weeks, our engineers and planners will carefully examine the data and equipment performance relating to this event, and will share our findings with regulators and the public. We applaud the work of all emergency responders and our employees who helped restore power swiftly and keep the public safe. We also commend the patience and understanding of all New Yorkers who remained calm and poised during this incident.

But honestly, I have a feeling.

They know they have defective relaying out on their system due to a certain manufacturer. Its obvious. But they count on people 1) forgetting about the incident 2) Journalists and the public not asking specific questions from not having power system knowledge.

And they think it will work out well. That all problems have been remedied and said players were honest. That is until the next latent flaw pops ups...
    Last edited by mbrooke; 08-21-19, 07:44 AM.
    Our comedian shamelessly joked about a blackout. Talk about dark humor.

Comment

Maybe ConEd is waiting for that confrontation to air the real culprit MBrooke ? ..... maybe they've a new subcontractor lined up ? ~RJ~

Hopefully the video will be uploaded soon:

https://legistar.council.nyc.gov/Mee...tions=&Search=

Media synopsis:

https://www.crainsnewyork.com/politi...ublic-takeover

Cawley reiterated that the power failure in July was caused by flawed relay equipment, which has since been addressed.

I'm not sure why the wall of silence.

Comment

This is interesting, in light of all the pols lamenting a public utility may be best>>>

Con Ed has invested more than $1 billion yearly in improving its system, he added, and delivers power to its Westchester County and city territories eight-times more reliably than national averages.
        So somewhere,someone keeps score?

Would that be the PSB (public service board)'s job?

~RJ~

Comment

This is interesting, in light of all the pols lamenting a public utility may be best>>>

So somewhere,someone keeps score?

Would that be the PSB (public service board)'s job?

~RJ~
          Con Ed is among the best, no matter what. If they weren't sold defective protective relaying we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Comment

Watching the vid presently... Now they are saying that transformer relaying maloperated at 65th st but somehow the 13kv did feeder trip...? So if a trafo protection relay mal operated why didn't the transformer circuit switcher just trip? And how did one transformer relay maloperation result in all 5 transmission supplies tripping? And 3 systems malfunctioned? Last one I can believe.

There is absolutely no information being disclosed that answers any of the original questions. So much was said without actually saying anything.

If you want my opinion it wasn't one or two relays that malfunctioned, but at half dozen or more, at two substations. There is a lot they are hiding. A lot.

Comment

Is it the relays, or the relay testing procedure though? ~RJ~

Comment

Is it the relays, or the relay testing procedure though? ~RJ~
                Well, a good testing procedure would reveal anything wrong with the relay. With hard copper you can also verify correct CT wiring and polarity.

Comment

Working...
                X