New format and function not good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fulthrotl View Post

he will be back in ten years. it's like talking to haley's comet.
    I think Haley's comet comes back every eighty-some years.
    I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

Comment

Originally posted by kwired View Post

I think Haley's comet comes back every eighty-some years.
      It's 75 years.

And... Why is this thread buried here instead of front page prominence? Trivial task to move it. Trying to hide something?

And...
      he will be back in ten years. it's like talking to haley's comet.
      I'll be 92 and I may have 50 posts by then!
      Octogenerian Never work live!

Comment

Originally posted by g3guy View Post

And... Why is this thread buried here instead of front page prominence? Trivial task to move it. Trying to hide something?

First day or so since new software was in use, there were many posts like this one with questions/complaints on the new software. There is no forum dedicated to this content, and some were having trouble navigating to a particular forum anyway and where they might have started a thread just depended on where they were at when they started a topic.

Looks like some problems are getting cleaned up though.

I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

Comment

Originally posted by kwired View Post

First day or so since new software was in use, there were many posts like this one with questions/complaints on the new software. There is no forum dedicated to this content, and some were having trouble navigating to a particular forum anyway and where they might have started a thread just depended on where they were at when they started a topic.

Looks like some problems are getting cleaned up though.
          I suggested a new forum for site problems and comments, even temporarily until things get ironed out. I would move all these threads that are now all over the place there so they would all be in one place where we would know to look and comment.

-Hal

Comment

Originally posted by hbiss View Post
            I would move all these threads that are now all over the place there so they would all be in one place where we would know to look and comment.
            (That's why they don't want to. )
            Master Electrician
            Electrical Contractor
            Richmond, VA

Comment

In another site I moderate there is such a forum but it is in the moderator area. We get to report the issue so they are not overwhelmed with everyone posting in it.

We have been reading the few threads we have on forum issues and have been letting the webmaster know.
              They say I shot a man named Gray and took his wife to Italy
              She inherited a million bucks and when she died it came to me
              I can't help it if I'm lucky

Comment

Originally posted by gar View Post
                190812-2430 EDT

New format and function is not very satisfactory.

Why a new design when the old one was quite useful?

I belong to this forum and the format is pretty much the same as the old MH forum. It is much more intuitive than the new format. I have heard the reason that it was changed was for more security. Webmaster, why can't that be achieved and still have a format that is user friendly??

https://www.smokstak.com/forum/showt...80#post1600980
                Ifyoucan'texplain itsimply youdon'tunderrstanditwellenough- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by g3guy View Post
                  I come here once a decade and what do I find? A bunch of whiners! Of course I don't remember what this forum looked like so ...
                  I haven’t been around for years either, had to get used to the new stuff. Noticed some things though...
                  infinitys eagle in the sunset is gone, jumpers teddy bear is gone, boesekers Car is gone(I think) ... couple of others...
                  still getting used to the slow posting time. I don’t think it’s doing anything, so I click again.. double post...

OH! And “The Music Game” post number one was shared. Never dreamed it would still be going. I haven’t contributed... Kinda want to hang around now and be post number 10,000
                  Last edited by Hv&Lv; 09-01-19, 04:21 PM. Reason: Added...

Comment

Originally posted by ATSman View Post

I belong to this forum and the format is pretty much the same as the old MH forum. It is much more intuitive than the new format. I have heard the reason that it was changed was for more security. Webmaster, why can't that be achieved and still have a format that is user friendly??

https://www.smokstak.com/forum/showt...80#post1600980
                    The answer is pretty simple. Closing the security holes (substantial and exposing both users and the site to attack) required jumping a major version release of the underlying vBulletin software. Changes in the defaults, options and controls make it a very difficult task for the admins to re-install the old look and feel customizations. It is a work in progress and we appreciate your feedback on priorities.

Comment

Working...
                    X