No MB in panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by infinity View Post
    I think that we're getting too far off on a tangent, the OP said it was a feeder and made no mention of a separate structure. If it's a feeder the disconnect next to the meter would have an OCPD.
    What is not clear is if the service disconnect is on the building in question or on a separate structure. That one detail can clear a lot of the speculations up that have been made.
    I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

Comment

Originally posted by charlie b View Post
      Check me if I have this wrong, Dennis, but in my way of thinking the service ends at the first disconnecting means, whether or not that device includes overcurrent protection.
      The service ends at the service disconnecting means (or multiple service disconnecting means where allowed). If the disconnect ahead of meter has no overcurrent protection it doesn't qualify as the service disconnecting means. Also the owner/user must have access to the service disconnect and associated overcurrent devices. These disconnects required ahead of meter by POCO usually are locked so that customer doesn't have easy access to unmetered conductors, therefore an additional qualifying service disconnecting means is needed after the meter
      I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

Comment

Working...
      X