Pull Box or Junction Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
The minimum sizing is based on size and quantity of conductors, and whether splicing will be involved.

Without splicing, such as separate wires, or feeding one receptacle from the other, you could even use a T conduit body.

vidividi12

Occupation
Electrician
The minimum sizing is based on size and quantity of conductors, and whether splicing will be involved.

Without splicing, such as separate wires, or feeding one receptacle from the other, you could even use a T conduit body.

Thank you very much. Splicing will be involved. Every conduit has 3 conductors (12 AWG-Phase-Neutral-Ground).

I am confused about NEC indication that "For straight pulls, 314.28(A)(1) requires that the length of the box be at least eight times the trade size of the largest raceway and for u or angle pulls, length of the box be at least six times the trade size of the largest raceway. The box must be at least as long as that numbers. "

Do I have to use this indication or can I use smaller box?

Last edited:

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
314.28 is only for conductors sized #4 and larger. I suspect in 3/4" conduit you do not have #4 conductors in there. Look at table 314.16(B) and the preceding sections.

Status
Not open for further replies.