Meter/Disconnect

Status
Not open for further replies.

guschash

Do I need to bond the meter/disconnect panel? I looked on the diagram inside the panel and I didn't see where bonding should go.

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
Do I need to bond the meter/disconnect panel? I looked on the diagram inside the panel and I didn't see where bonding should go.

Depending on the type wouldn’t the #6 to the ground rod attachment be the bond?

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector

I think you are referring to a meter/maim combo. If that is the case all meter mains that I am aware of are listed "suitable for use ONLY as service equipment". The translation for that marking is it is factory bonded and can't be removed. This is different than equipment marked "suitable for use as service equipment" (SUSE) which would include a screw or jumper to be installed if required.
That is why you don't see a screw or jumper to be installed.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
If the meter/main is the service disconnect then your GEC(s) will terminate there on the neutral.

Depending on the type wouldn’t the #6 to the ground rod attachment be the bond?

If the meter/main is the service disconnect then your GEC(s) will terminate there on the neutral.

Perhaps some confusion about what the OP means by "bond". To me, that means the main bonding jumper connecting the case/EGC bus to the grounded conductor, as Texie mentioned. I guess it could mean the GEC connection to the grounded conductor also.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Perhaps some confusion about what the OP means by "bond". To me, that means the main bonding jumper connecting the case/EGC bus to the grounded conductor, as Texie mentioned. I guess it could mean the GEC connection to the grounded conductor also.

Could be.

guschash

Thanks everyone . I thought that it might be factory bonded but wasn't sure. Yes Infinity that's what I am asking. Connecting the case/EGC to the grounded conductor.

Status
Not open for further replies.