Automatic Transfer Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mbrooke View Post

In terms of compartments being opened while live? Or something else?
    It failed as a 6000HP started. Why it failed we couldn't determine as there was nothing left off the switch.

To be honest, you would be better off (safer) with vacuum switches.
    [COLOR=#000000]The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Tony S View Post

It failed as a 6000HP started. Why it failed we couldn't determine as there was nothing left off the switch.

To be honest, you would be better off (safer) with vacuum switches.
      I believe you, you're right.

Just not sure how much more it will cost.

Comment

What is a life worth?

I’ve been stood next to a 433V motor starter when it flashed over on shutdown, I needed new underwear! The back EMF caused the flashover between the starter’s 200A incoming fuses, this in turn took out the 550A busbar riser fuses.

Stopping a motor is often more precarious than starting………..?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony S View Post
          What is a life worth?

I’ve been stood next to a 433V motor starter when it flashed over on shutdown, I needed new underwear! The back EMF caused the flashover between the starter’s 200A incoming fuses, this in turn took out the 550A busbar riser fuses.

Stopping a motor is often more precarious than starting………..?
          As long as no one opens the door when live (you should be qualified to even go near MV equipment) I can not see a problem with it using a switchgear enclosed air break switch.

Comment

I’m a SAP (Senior Authorised Person), no way would I allow an electrician to open a live MV panel.

I do have master keys for interlocks, they’re in my safe at home not at work unless there’re needed.

Comment

Working...
            X