Buck boost transformers

Status
Not open for further replies.

gar

Occupation
EE
080528-2205 EST

jinglis:

You did not state your primary voltage rating, but it must be at least 208 V, and 240 would be fine just so long as the secondary current rating is about 10 A in either case.

bsh

Watch out that the equipment on the load end of a BB doesn't try to use the EGC for a reference. We have a plotter in our office that had a BB because it could only use 240V single phase (we only have 120/208V available). The plotter manufacturer claimed that the circuit boards were being damaged because the voltage to ground was different from each leg to ground. There was no neuteral only an EGC. It was all very strange

engy

engy said:
Watch out that the salesman and/or manufacturer will say anything to shed blame.

Upon further review, one leg would see 120V-G, while the other would see 138V-G.
I guess depending on how they convert power, it could have issues...
Poor design? Other mfgr's suffer same fate? (just talking out loud...)

asyyy

i want to design a buck boost tranformer , single phase , 3KVA
Input voltage range from 187 to 253 v
output voltage 220 v
frequency 50HZ

mdshunk

asyyy said:
i want to design a buck boost tranformer , single phase , 3KVA
Input voltage range from 187 to 253 v
output voltage 220 v
frequency 50HZ
No need to design it. Variacs already exist.

0120%20Staco%20Energy%20auto%20transformer.jpg

Last edited:

asyyy

thnx for this , but my project is to design AC voltage stabilizer and i will use buck boost transformer in it , and in the same time it's not avialable in our country so i have to manfacture it manualy , so could u give me more details which can help me in manufacturing it * like it's parameters , size, ratios , and the equations i can use * .

Status
Not open for further replies.