NEC 695.6 (A), (B) and (E)

Status
Not open for further replies.

anbm

Can someone enlight me the differences between 695.6(A), (B) and (E).

Base on 695.6(E) rule, we don't need to concrete encased the conduit from fire pump controller to fire pump motor? Thanks!

david luchini

Staff member
Occupation
Engineer
695.6(A) relates to the conductors from the service to the controller when no disconnect is used.

695.6(B) relates to the conductors between the disconnect and the controller when a disconnect is used.

695.6(E) relates to the conductors between the controller and the pump motor. No concrete encasement required here.

(I think I misunderstood your previous post on the same matter.)

anbm

I was confused 695,6(B) indicates fire pump conductors on the load side of the final disconnect means and overcurrent devices...which I understood we should also count the conductor from fire pump controller to the fire pump motor?

david luchini

Staff member
Occupation
Engineer
I was confused 695,6(B) indicates fire pump conductors on the load side of the final disconnect means and overcurrent devices...which I understood we should also count the conductor from fire pump controller to the fire pump motor?

I could see how that could be confusing. 695.6(B) talks about the conductors on the load side of the disconnecting means and ocpd permitted by 695.4(B).

The disconnecting means/ocpd permitted by 695.4(B) is to be installed between the power source and either the (1) fire pump controller, (2) fire pump transfer switch or (3) combination transfer switch/controller.

I would interpret the conductors in 695.6(B) to be only those from the disconnect to the controller, not those from the controller to pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.