Estimator

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotty217

I am bidding on a assisted living facility which is stick framed two story and is permited residential. ACHA is not involved I know I cant run NM above lay in ceilling but couldnt I run the rooms in NM?

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Whether ACHA is involved or not is not the issue, what matters is whether the Architects design or local AHJ consider this to be a patient treatment/care facility.

Roger

mcclary's electrical

I am bidding on a assisted living facility which is stick framed two story and is permited residential. ACHA is not involved I know I cant run NM above lay in ceilling but couldnt I run the rooms in NM?

Uses permitted for NM in "other than dwelling unit" to be concealed in a wall that has at least a 15 minute fire rating. Examples of such walls can be found in the

NFPA 5000. But if it's wood framed and drywalled on each side all the way up to the top plate, you'll be ok.

Be careful if there's 10' walls and 8' dropped ceiling, as sometimes the drywaller will not go all the way up, thus, leaving your NM in a wall with open bays at the top, which will not meet a 15 minute rating

Status
Not open for further replies.