Small QOB 150 amp 3 pole Breaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, sorry if this question is posted to the wrong location.

Does anyone know if there is a small version of Square D's QOB 150 amp 3 pole breaker on the market? I can locate the main breaker version, but I'm looking for the one that fits in 3 slots and is 3-1/2" long by 2-1/4" wide. Is there a 3rd party manufacturer that makes one? Does anyone know why Square D only offers that breaker in lower amperages?

I'm on a base in afghanistan, so i can't just walk into a shop with a similar breaker and describe what I need.

LEO2854

Esteemed Member
:
First off, sorry if this question is posted to the wrong location.

Does anyone know if there is a small version of Square D's QOB 150 amp 3 pole breaker on the market? I can locate the main breaker version, but I'm looking for the one that fits in 3 slots and is 3-1/2" long by 2-1/4" wide. Is there a 3rd party manufacturer that makes one? Does anyone know why Square D only offers that breaker in lower amperages?

I'm on a base in afghanistan, so i can't just walk into a shop with a similar breaker and describe what I need.

:)Welcome to the forum and thank you for serving .:)

Here is a link that may help you.http://www.southlandelectrical.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=QOB3150VH-NS

Google searched QOB 3150 and got this. A little pricey.

http://ecatalog.squared.com/fulldetail.cfm?partnumber=QOB3150VH

Yeah, the electrician I replaced made the mistake of purchasing those ones. The catalog is a little deceptive. They describe it as a mini breaker, but it's not. I think it's somewhere around the 70 to 100 amp range that they jump in size to over 5" tall. If you just look at the part number and description it sure looks like it'll work till you get down to the dimentions. That gave me my clue so I did a google image search and sure enough it's a main breaker, not a mini as described.

A few minutes after I did all that research a box arrived with 6 of the exact same breaker you pointed me to. Sure enough it's got a part number indicating it's the correct breaker line, but it's a main breaker and not going to work for my project.

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
There is no small version of a QO 150A. The only bracnh one in the QO family is the QOB3150VH which takes up 6 pole spaces on one side of the panel.

drive1968

I'd avoid going with a third party 3 space breaker, even if you are able to find one. Square D spreads the load over six spaces because they are trying to avoid overloading only three spaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.