Snow melting cable, electric, installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

arstreamp

Hi all!
My name is Ann and I just joined the forum, I?m also a new comer to snow melting cable. I?m still trying to understand it all and our little company (just me and my husband) is still navigating through all the different ways to approach the industry. It?s a tough economy! I was wondering ? for those of you involved in the industry (especially veterans) business owner or not, what are some of services, tools, strategies, or latest resources you find helpful or profitable in doing your work or - business? Online or offline, I?m sure there is quite a lot in both right?!
Thanks and God bless!

cadpoint

Welcome to the Forum!

You’ve hit the Gold Mine and Welcome Aboard!

In most cases (hopefully) any product that you’re installing has an internet link to hopefully grasp the total application. If not continue to seek and search the internet and dial any 800 number... :)

If you run into a NFPA Code Article that you don’t understand, I would use your favorite search engine and ask “diagram ________”. In some cases you might well find the Host’s (Mike Holt) Technical Illustration on the approximate Article or other diagrams that break it down…

The Search within this Forum will lend itself to things like this:

Business books
http://forums.mikeholt.com/search.php?searchid=25317

Tool books
http://forums.mikeholt.com/search.php?searchid=25339

If one uses various variations of terms, one can use the Search or use advance Search Here, all in respects to what you think one might need to find out about, don't quit on the any variable terms, if not go outside and use your favorite search engine.

Business practices while well discussed are not generally divulged, EVER!

There are plenty of *.gov sites that cover taxes and small business practices, and you should look into all aspects of a female; owning an electrical company!

One outstanding statement on business usually posted in this forum and other’s will be; your price is not my price due to ones own cost of doing business. Another might be; ones understanding of your cost is premium to what it takes to stay in business... This is not all you will read but you will quickly get the drift.

I’d also suggest reviewing the entire cover page of the base web page and and using and linking all that is appreciate to you; or any of the various subdivisions as you seek them out.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.