Fluke 112

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fluke 112

Does anyone use or have experience with the Fluke 112? I have one and like it, but I was wondering if stepping up to the newer model, the 117, would be worth it. I know that the 117 has non contact voltage detection which I don't care for in a DMM, and LoZ which is nice, but my SV225 takes care of that. So I was wondering if people more experienced in this area knew of any other downfalls of the 112 vs. the 117?

Thanks!

The 112 is discontinued. They have a problem with the control knob twisting off.

Fluke does not carry replacement knobs.

Edit to add: You can now find replacement knobs on [COLOR="red"]e[/COLOR][color="blue"]b[/color][color="orange"]a[/color][color="green"]Y[/color] here.
    Last edited by kbsparky; 07-17-11, 09:24 PM. Reason: Added eBay info

Comment

Other than the knob falling off, how do you like it?

Comment

It's a great test meter. I originally bought it because it can test capacitors.

I have had to keep a 3/16" allen wrench handy to use in place of the knob.

Now that I've seen the listing on[COLOR="red"] e[/COLOR][COLOR="blue"]b[/COLOR][COLOR="orange"]a[/COLOR][COLOR="green"]Y[/COLOR], I bought one, and am waiting for it to arrive, so I can put that allen wrench back into my toolbox.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Update: Just got the new knob in the mail today. Fits perfectly!!

I don't know why Fluke won't sell replacement knobs. They wanted me to send in the whole unit for "repair" --- and from what I've heard, they would scrap the old one, and "sell" me a new test meter! At retail costs of several hundred $$$

All for want of a $12.50 knob? No way!

Thank goodness for [COLOR="red"]e[/COLOR][COLOR="blue"]b[/COLOR][COLOR="orange"]a[/COLOR][COLOR="green"]Y[/COLOR]!

Comment

Working...
            X