• Could be either.

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • I have no clue.

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Electric-Light

There are two space heaters in use downstream of apartment 1 meter. They're both perfectly linear resistive load and L1 to N and L2 to N are both 120.00v and each load draws exactly 10.00A.

Space heater one is connected beween L1 to N. Space heater two is connected between L2 to N. There is nothing else in use at the moment.

Each space heater draws equally and they're rated 10A 120v.

What is the neutral current from meter 1 to apartment 1?

91m42w.png

Thanks to MikeHolt publication I just learned this today. :lol:

Last edited:

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
There will also be more than one answer since the illustration is questioning the current in all three feeders.

Roger

Electric-Light

There will also be more than one answer since the illustration is questioning the current in all three feeders.

Roger

Illustration shows three feeders, but the question isn't about neutral current in main feeder feeding the meter panel. It's simply between meter 1 and apartment 1.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Illustration shows three feeders, but the question isn't about neutral current in main feeder feeding the meter panel. It's simply between meter 1 and apartment 1.

But, you still need to tell us if you have a single winding source or a three phase wye.

Roger

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Then with out knowing that the question as you asked it has a 50/50 chance of being correct with either 0 or 10 amps

Roger

That's just it. I glanced as the illustration and assumed 1?, 120/240. One shouldn't assume. :happyno:

Status
Not open for further replies.