MBC for 18 4ft. 4 lamp dual ballasts T8's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MBC for 18 4ft. 4 lamp dual ballasts T8's

Would you see any probem with pulling one 20 amp MBC for 18, 4 lamp, 4 ft. dual electronic ballast fixture, and switching the ballast separetely with two switches. ?
    Last edited by papa; 07-24-11, 06:41 PM.

sorry, voltage is 120

Comment

I think you need to check your ballast info

Comment

On a 208y/120 system? Sounds like around 8A on 3 ungrounded conductors.

Comment

This is a single phase panel I will be coming out of 120/208, also did not have the fixtures yet so did not ballast amps.

Comment

I was thinking(maybe not too clearly lately), that although you should be fine, you need to have ballast information to verify.

Comment

Originally posted by papa View Post
              Would you see any probem with pulling one 20 amp MBC for 18, 4 lamp, 4 ft. dual electronic ballast fixture, and switching the ballast separetely with two switches. ?
              Are you talking about switching just 2 of the 4 lamps in a single fixture, or do you mean switching 9 & 9 fixtures? What is MBC-? branch circuit?
              [COLOR=navy]If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time![/COLOR]

Comment

As others have said, you really do need the ballast info to be certain.

That said, I went to Grainger - a 4-lamp, 120v ballast is rated at .91A each....
                .91 x 18 fixtures = 16.38A total....so putting these on 2 ckts should be fine.
                [input watts per ballast was 112w....arithmetic still works just fine].

Comment

Originally posted by Little Bill View Post
                  Are you talking about switching just 2 of the 4 lamps in a single fixture, or do you mean switching 9 & 9 fixtures? What is MBC-? branch circuit?
                  Im talking about switching just 2 of the 4 lamps in a single fixture.

MBC - multiwire branch circuit

Comment

Im talking about switching just 2 of the 4 lamps in a single fixture.

MBC - multiwire branch circuit
                    That's kinda what I thought but wasn't sure.
                    Thought multiwire too, but used to seeing MWBC.

BTW, I don't see a problem with what you described.
                    [COLOR=navy]If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time![/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Little Bill View Post
                      That's kinda what I thought but wasn't sure.
                      Thought multiwire too, but used to seeing MWBC.

BTW, I don't see a problem with what you described.
                      Thanks, sorry bout the confuson , I left the W out

Comment

Working...
                      X