Good solar design book(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

philly

Can anyone recommend any solar design books that they found very helpful in understanding all the aspects of solar design. I'm looking for something that covers both the solar aspects such as site surveying etc.. as well as the electrical aspects invoved with putting code compliant system together.

Thanks

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
People recommend Photovoltaic Systems by Jim Dunlop. I've only perused a co-worker's copy myself, but I can tell you that it's big, comprehensive, and has a good amount of diagrams and pictures.

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
People recommend Photovoltaic Systems by Jim Dunlop. I've only perused a co-worker's copy myself, but I can tell you that it's big, comprehensive, and has a good amount of diagrams and pictures.
I second that recommendation. I am an adjunct instructor for ImagineSolar in Austin, and that is the text we use for our basic PV courses. Get the second edition.

philly

Thanks guys! Does this book go into the details of deisgn such as sizing feeders, sting calculations, sizing arrays and inverters etc...

Some reviews that I read seemed to indicate that the bood didn't.

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
Thanks guys! Does this book go into the details of deisgn such as sizing feeders, sting calculations, sizing arrays and inverters etc...

Some reviews that I read seemed to indicate that the bood didn't.
It does go into string calculations and sizing arrays and inverters. It doesn't address all the AC electrical issues involving interconnects, though. That's not really PV material.

Status
Not open for further replies.