Calculating Ranges

Status
Not open for further replies.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
See Table 220.55 and it's notes, then try to calculate it and post what you come up with and the way you came up with your answer and we can critique your work. Welcome to the forum.

Roger

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Table 220.55 state to add 5% of each kw over 12kw then increase the demand factor in col. C by that number. So I would multiply the 15% to the demand in col. C

Bang

I got 51.75

Col. C says15kw + 1kw for each range. 30 ranges so 15kw+30kw=45kw

45*1.15= 51.75kw

Understandable.....I went with applying the 15% to the 15kw BEFORE adding the additional 1kw for each range. That is how I came up with the answer of 47.25kw.

I don't doubt you at all.....I would just like to see in text where the 15% would be applied to the kw rating.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Understandable.....I went with applying the 15% to the 15kw BEFORE adding the additional 1kw for each range. That is how I came up with the answer of 47.25kw.

I don't doubt you at all.....I would just like to see in text where the 15% would be applied to the kw rating.

Do you have a code book? Look at Annex D example D6 (A) and tell me what you think. Remember it states the 15% should be applied to the demand in col.C. The demand in col. C is the entire demand-- 45kw.

Status
Not open for further replies.