gfci on afci circuit tripping

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
I don't think you finished editing. :lol:

Control, why do you say it won't work? You won't be able to predict which GFCI would trip, but other than that it would work just fine.

readydave8

re member
Occupation
electrician
YOU ARE A SENIOR MEMBER... Try to wire a gfci receptacle, from a gfci receptacle... :huh:
SORRY, I really wasn't trying to sound mean, or condescending. It just don't work, if you do it that way...:happysad:

senior member only refers to # of posts, doesn't mean I'm smart.

I don't ever remember wiring a GFCI receptacle from a GFCI receptacle, maybe I'm just too tired to think clearly tonight, but why does it not work? As I said I'm not smart but as long as current on black & white are the same GFCI shouldn't trip?

GeorgeB

ElectroHydraulics engineer (retired)
Occupation
Retired
Try to wire a gfci receptacle, from a gfci receptacle. It just don't work, if you do it that way...
Exactly WHAT doesn't work?

I see GFCI receptacles wired from GFCI receptacles all the time, both through (which is what I believe you are making reference to) and via the input terminals.

There is at least 1 very good reason for them to be "through" ... I use a short corded GFCI in plants when I connect test equipment. My corded GFCI is often connected to either a GFCI receptacle or GFCI breaker protected circuit.

While I've expected a problem when I press MY test button, I've not yet, probably between 100 and 1000 times, tripped the supplying protection.

CF, what "just don't work"?

Status
Not open for further replies.