Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J.P.
    replied
    They could have at least used threaded rigid pipe.

We do some installs like this in the oilfield as far as setting it on blocking instead of trenching it.

Leave a comment:

• jaggedben
    replied
    Originally posted by 69gp View Post
    I do not know how the conduit can be properly grounded if there is flex on both ends that isolates the conduit.
    Is it LFNC or LFMC?

(Then again since you said it was supposed to be for expansion then even LFMC could be problematic.)

Leave a comment:

• Sierrasparky
    replied
    Looks like a accident in the waiting

Leave a comment:

• 69gp
    replied
    Originally posted by Bladnaster View Post
    My question is, is snow going to be a problem with all of this stuff getting buried and hidden?
    Should not be a problem as there would not be any vehicle traffic once the snow starts

Leave a comment:

• 69gp
    replied
    Originally posted by FREEBALL View Post
    my question is if this is a capped landfill and everything has to be above ground what is this feeding ?
    its for a solar field so the power is being pushed out to the grid.

Leave a comment:

• Bladnaster
    replied
    My question is, is snow going to be a problem with all of this stuff getting buried and hidden?

Leave a comment:

• FREEBALL
    replied
    my question is if this is a capped landfill and everything has to be above ground what is this feeding ?

Leave a comment:

• 69gp
    replied
    Originally posted by mjc763 View Post
    This is a permanent install? Wouldn't it have been considerably less work to get some direct burial cable and trench it in?
    its a capped landfill so everything needs to be above ground.

Leave a comment:

• mjc763
    replied
    This is a permanent install? Wouldn't it have been considerably less work to get some direct burial cable and trench it in?

Leave a comment:

• darekelec
    replied
    They do not drive over the conduit. At least not yet. But they do step on it when crossing in some area's. Trimming is done by weed whacking. Its only a matter of time.
    Sounds like a halloween story to me.......

Leave a comment:

• 69gp
    replied
    Originally posted by GerryB View Post
    sorry to question you, I just always think of the high voltages being at the top of the pole. So if the grass gets too tall and the guy mowing it runs over a weak coupling he's toast
    They do not drive over the conduit. At least not yet. But they do step on it when crossing in some area's. Trimming is done by weed whacking. Its only a matter of time.

Leave a comment:

• GerryB
    replied
    Its is within an enclosed fenced area. Although it is labeled 13,200 I would suspect it is 13,800 which is the norm for this area. Besides whats 600 volts if your at 13,000?? This is not utility but privately owned.

sorry to question you, I just always think of the high voltages being at the top of the pole. So if the grass gets too tall and the guy mowing it runs over a weak coupling he's toast

Leave a comment:

• 69gp
    replied
    Originally posted by kingpb View Post
    Pretty sloppy install.

What is your role on this?

just my observation of a site.

Leave a comment:

• 69gp
    replied
    Originally posted by GerryB View Post
    I am curious how you know it is 13800, is it a fenced or protected utility ares/installation? They have there own rules.

Its is within an enclosed fenced area. Although it is labeled 13,200 I would suspect it is 13,800 which is the norm for this area. Besides whats 600 volts if your at 13,000?? This is not utility but privately owned.

Leave a comment:

• GerryB
    replied
    I am curious how you know it is 13800, is it a fenced or protected utility ares/installation? They have there own rules.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X