Occupancy Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

horrorsix

Does anyone know of a wall or switch mount occupancy sensor that will work in 4 way locations. I see Lutron sensors that work in multiple locations but that's not what I'm looking for. I have a 3 floor stairway and I need a sensor at each door. I know I can do this with the Lutron ceiling mount units but I was hoping to install sensors in the existing switch locations.

iwire

Staff member
I don't know of any that will do that.

I think if the stairway is emergency egress installing motion sensors may be an issue.

steve66

Occupation
Engineer
I'm sure sensor switch has some that can have as many sensors as you want interconnected.

They have some where you have to interconnect certain wires, some that connect with Cat 5 cables, and some that are wireless. I think any would work in your case.

I usually switch some of the lights in a stairwell, but also include 24 hour night lights with some type of emergency backup.

stevebea

Does anyone know of a wall or switch mount occupancy sensor that will work in 4 way locations. I see Lutron sensors that work in multiple locations but that's not what I'm looking for. I have a 3 floor stairway and I need a sensor at each door. I know I can do this with the Lutron ceiling mount units but I was hoping to install sensors in the existing switch locations.

Lutron makes a wireless occupancy sensor that you can pair multiple sensors with one relay.

Status
Not open for further replies.