PVC Service Entrance to Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am installing a residential service panel in an outside wall. In order to make the conduit entry as inconspicuous as possible, I want toavoid having an LB on the outside of the house, behind the panel. The meter ison a pedestal some distance from the house, so I?ll be piping it to there. I?dlike to go straight down with the PVC inside the wall, then offset it out atthe very bottom of the wall, going straight into the ground. Can anyone see anyproblem with doing it this way? There?s going to be a deck right there, so Ididn?t want the LB and pipe there. The pull should be just as easy from thepanel vs having the LB on the outside.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
Depending on your AHJ's read of 230.70(A)(1) you might well need a disconnect at the meter.

The meter pedestal is installed by the power company, right near the transformer. I have to run my lateral (I say lateral even though it's between the meter and the house) to that point. This is a rural co-op power company, so they do things a little differently. I was more concerned about my method of bringing the conduit into the house.

Cavie

That would work here as we are allowed 5' of unfussed wiring in the building to the panel (assuming your main is in the panel. If at the meter, no problem at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.