Anchor MFG Co. meter base

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
Looking for amperage rating for this meter base. It has 2810c stamped on the base lugs. Need documentation as to wheter it is rated for 100 amps!
Lugs could be components provided by another manufacturer, do you have a model/catalog number for the meter base as a whole assembly?

kwired

Electron manager
The only info I see is that it is stamped "Anchor MFG Co. Manchester NH". Base is 7.5" x 9" rectangle.
Well since common sizes in the industry for such thing is usually 125/200/320 for plug in meters that if that is size of enclosure it about has to be a 125 as there wouldn't be sufficient room to bend conductors needed for a 200 or a 320. If by base you meant the inner guts - then still don't know. What size conductors can the lugs accept? Even if you don't know exactly most of time a 125amp will only accept up to maybe 2/0 conductors, a 200 amp only up to maybe 300 kcmil. If it were 320, it would be a pretty large enclosure in comparison to a 125 or 200 it may have lugs but many just have studs and you select your own lugs depending on what your conductor needs are.

meter pan are cheap u should try to see if you can replace it with a newer one that you know is the right size if you are un able to do this yourself contact someone who can and make sure they pull the right permits and that there insured / and licensed in your area ,remember safey first :D

meternerd

Occupation
retired water & electric utility electrician, meter/relay tech
One thing to be aware of...there were a lot of 120V services installed back in the day...if it's one of those, it's 100A service rating. If it an older 240V, it's likely rated for a 100A service. If it's installed, the POCO will know the service size. If it's not installed, put it in a museum and buy a new one. A pic would help. I've never heard of one and I've been in the industry for over 40 years.

kwired

Electron manager
One thing to be aware of...there were a lot of 120V services installed back in the day...if it's one of those, it's 100A service rating. If it an older 240V, it's likely rated for a 100A service. If it's installed, the POCO will know the service size. If it's not installed, put it in a museum and buy a new one. A pic would help. I've never heard of one and I've been in the industry for over 40 years.
Never heard of what....a meter or a meter socket?:lol:

Looking for amperage rating for this meter base. It has 2810c stamped on the base lugs. Need documentation as to wheter it is rated for 100 amps!

I saw what you described a few years ago. The phenolic mounting bases had "anchor" molded in them. I also was not able to pull up any information about it. My guess was that it was a 100 or 125. Let me guess, this a recessed socket so you would like to reuse it? FYI note there is no requirement that the meter socket rating be equal or higher than the OCPD rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.