Single Phase

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
After reading through all of the answers I wonder...

Why is a degree called a degree? :angel:

From the Latin de-gradus, based on dividing anythingvup into steps or stages (gradus).
Why is it the size it is (1/360 of a circle)?
Speculation ranges from the fact that one day in the earth's orbit is close to one degree of arc to the Babylonians dividing the natural sixty degree angle of an equilateral triangle up into 60 parts because of their base 60 numbering system.
:angel:

Tony S

Phase angles are the relationship between the primary and secondary windings. For the usual Dyn11 the secondary red phase is 30o in advance of the primary red. IE 11 o clock.

Depending on the orientation of the windings and format 12 standard outputs are available.

This would equate to Dyn1

clock_zpshmgtyeoa.jpg

I?ve written a quite long thread for another forum which I have promised from my first day on here I wouldn?t mention. It will take time but I will post it here.

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
Thanks! :)

So, correct me if I am wrong, but in theory I could do this:

11kv buss with 2 feeders:

For feeder 1.

Yd11 11 to 3.3kv trafo

Dyn01 3.3kv to 433 volt trafo

For feeder 2.

Yyn0 11kv to 400 volt trafo

Both 400 volt secondaries can be paralleled because the vector groups in the end match zero degree of phase shift.

Tony S

Thanks! :)

So, correct me if I am wrong, but in theory I could do this:

11kv buss with 2 feeders:

For feeder 1.

Yd11 11 to 3.3kv trafo

Dyn01 3.3kv to 433 volt trafo

For feeder 2.

Yyn0 11kv to 400 volt trafo

Both 400 volt secondaries can be paralleled because the vector groups in the end match zero degree of phase shift.

There is the minor problem of matching impedances.

Had the system been designed and not evolved over XX years things would have been different.

Bits were added as needed at the time. Some sections removed and reused elsewhere, which is what I think happened in this case. The older records weren?t very good to say the least.

As I said I inherited this mess when I changed companies. Trying to get money out of the accountants for something they couldn?t see was nigh on impossible. We just had to live with it.

Tony S

There?s worse but it just appears as a smudge when converted to .JPG

48 phase:
96 secondary windings
16 control windings
12 primary windings
1 interphase winding

They were used in the electroplating industry when mercury arc rectifiers ruled the roost for DC power.

Now I'm retired, two things fascinate me mercury arc rectifiers and rotary converters. As I youngster I worked on both, no one took the time to explain them. I think mainly because they didn?t understand them.

Status
Not open for further replies.