Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sunroom disconnect

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    sunroom disconnect

    Wiring a detached sun room 25 feet from the house. Have 2-15 amp circuits ran to the building. Can I use a double pole snap switch located on the out side of the house for the sunroom disconnect?

    #2
    Would believe so, but should be on the sunroom.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by big vic View Post
      Wiring a detached sun room 25 feet from the house. Have 2-15 amp circuits ran to the building. Can I use a double pole snap switch located on the out side of the house for the sunroom disconnect?


      Buy the time I buy a w/p box, switch and in-use cover it seems cheaper just to get an AC disconnect. Get one for $8 at HD.
      The 95% of people that you can't trust give the other 5% a bad name.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by growler View Post
        Buy the time I buy a w/p box, switch and in-use cover it seems cheaper just to get an AC disconnect. Get one for $8 at HD.
        Two circuits could be a problem, but one multiwire circuit (MWBC) would be fine.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by big vic View Post
          Wiring a detached sun room 25 feet from the house. Have 2-15 amp circuits ran to the building. Can I use a double pole snap switch located on the out side of the house for the sunroom disconnect?
          You will need to use a double pole breaker at the supply and make it one multiwire branch circuit. The code prohibits more than one branch circuit run to a detached structure or building.


          Also it is a violation to run two circuits through the same double pole switch, making it a MWBC fixes this issue as well.

          The location of the switch can be inside or outside the detached structure nearest the point of entrance of the conductors. Just like a service.

          Comment

          Working...
          X