sunroom disconnect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sunroom disconnect

Wiring a detached sun room 25 feet from the house. Have 2-15 amp circuits ran to the building. Can I use a double pole snap switch located on the out side of the house for the sunroom disconnect?

Would believe so, but should be on the sunroom.

Comment

Originally posted by big vic View Post
      Wiring a detached sun room 25 feet from the house. Have 2-15 amp circuits ran to the building. Can I use a double pole snap switch located on the out side of the house for the sunroom disconnect?

Buy the time I buy a w/p box, switch and in-use cover it seems cheaper just to get an AC disconnect. Get one for $8 at HD.
      The 95% of people that you can't trust give the other 5% a bad name.

Comment

Originally posted by growler View Post
        Buy the time I buy a w/p box, switch and in-use cover it seems cheaper just to get an AC disconnect. Get one for $8 at HD.
        Two circuits could be a problem, but one multiwire circuit (MWBC) would be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by big vic View Post
          You will need to use a double pole breaker at the supply and make it one multiwire branch circuit. The code prohibits more than one branch circuit run to a detached structure or building.

Also it is a violation to run two circuits through the same double pole switch, making it a MWBC fixes this issue as well.

The location of the switch can be inside or outside the detached structure nearest the point of entrance of the conductors. Just like a service.

Comment

Working...
          X