Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

51.4 volts on 3-way receptacle

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    With the switch off reading 54 volts. He should be able to take a piece of wire and go hot to neutral or ground with no arcs and sparks ??

    :- )
    " I'm at a crucial part of my painting "...........Monika Danneman

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by ritelec View Post
      With the switch off reading 54 volts. He should be able to take a piece of wire and go hot to neutral or ground with no arcs and sparks ??

      :- )
      If it is capacitive coupled voltage - most likely yes, there shouldn't be enough energy available to make much of an arc when it gets shorted.
      I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by kwired View Post
        If it is capacitive coupled voltage - most likely yes, there shouldn't be enough energy available to make much of an arc when it gets shorted.
        "IF"

        Lol

        Would love to be there for this experiment !!
        " I'm at a crucial part of my painting "...........Monika Danneman

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by ritelec View Post
          "IF"

          Lol

          Would love to be there for this experiment !!
          That is why one should test voltage with low impedance meter first.
          I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

          Comment


            #35
            160127-2137 EST

            ritelec:

            He has already run the test with a low impedance load, namely his original incandescent bulb, it dosen't light. The problem was with an LED light load that when the switches were in the off positions the LEDs lit dimly.

            .

            Comment


              #36
              Thanks for everyone's suggestions. Life rolls along (hence replying at almost midnight) - but I'll endeavor to do some testing with your ideas shortly. Will post back when I do...

              Comment

              Working...
              X