620.51 elevator

Status
Not open for further replies.

fjm

Is 620.51(B) saying a platform lift must be a separate circuit? I'm unsure as to why an inspector wants a separate circuit for a 3a trickle charged DC battery driven platform lift. EI says" elevator sub code wants it". I spoke to DCA elevator safety and was told they ASME and 620 are something something bla bla bla I didn't listen. The persons opinion was 620.51(b)

luckylerado

I spoke to DCA elevator safety and was told they ASME and 620 are something something bla bla bla I didn't listen. The persons opinion was 620.51(b)

Why didn't you listen if they were trying to explain??

620.51(B) is saying you cannot remotely close the disconnecting means and has not bearing on required circuits.

Is this constructed on site or manufactured offsite and installed like an appliance. Manufactures instructions?

I do not see it in ASME A17.2 either but I am not even sure it applies.

fjm

Why didn't you listen if they were trying to explain??

620.51(B) is saying you cannot remotely close the disconnecting means and has not bearing on required circuits.

Is this constructed on site or manufactured offsite and installed like an appliance. Manufactures instructions?

I do not see it in ASME A17.2 either but I am not even sure it applies.

Manufactured and installed; comes cord and plug requires a 15amp circuit. Doesn't say dedicated in specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.