Some info on posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaylectricity

Occupation
licensed journeyman electrician
I figured that, Al. Just seems silly in this thread for that whole conversation to be deleted. But whatever, mods do a pretty good job here so I'm not complaining.

__dan

You know of course that if the cars only race around the track in an orderly fashion, a thread about swapping in salvaged T 12 lamps into T 8 fixtures would only get 85 or so reads (though it's an interesting insight).

As soon as the cars start crashing into each other, that's when the thread will get another 300 reads daily until the crashing stops (how many phases in a single phase system?).

I could view the example as bringing more unique readers to your thread.:)

Lost

Lost

Good afternoon. Yesterday 11/5/2017 I asked for some information regarding Aticle 700. I got my Journeyman's because Mr. Holt has a great program on which to acquire the knowedge and succeed the first time.I have been a member for more then 5 years..My post was brief and to the point..I have looked for my post but is nowhere to be found.Lost. Please helpme .Thank You

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Good afternoon. Yesterday 11/5/2017 I asked for some information regarding Aticle 700. I got my Journeyman's because Mr. Holt has a great program on which to acquire the knowedge and succeed the first time.I have been a member for more then 5 years..My post was brief and to the point..I have looked for my post but is nowhere to be found.Lost. Please helpme .Thank You
Is this the thread you are looking for

Roger

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
It's there in the General Electrical sub forum

http://forums.mikeholt.com/showthread.php?t=187716

caribconsult

Occupation
Retired computer consultant
What do do?

What do do?

Next response: Take the switch to a test bench, connect it to Binford 6723 test-o-matic and check the Retro Encabulator output, it should be 0.00001 to 0.00002

Bob

That is just too funny. I am really in a bind because my Binford 6723 just blew its micro-gezortenhammer circuit and I can't find spare Finnegan pins for the Retro Encabulator anywhere.

PaulMmn

Occupation
EIT - Engineer in Training, Lafayette College
(Edited...)
Hi all,

I figured I would post this and let you know what some of the moderators are up to. There are a number of us that feel we have been letting threads drift too much and that is not great for the original poster (OP)

What I am asking is that we try to stay directly on the OPs question and not expand on it until we hear back from the OP and they ask further questions. Too often I see 20 posts that have great information but are only marginally related to the OPs question before the OP has even returned.

The OP comes back, reads this and says I am outta here, I just asked a simple question. :jawdrop:

No one should take this personal and I fully admit that I am guilty of it as well. I am going to make an effort to change that and ask the same of you.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Bob
As some have mentioned, often the OP asks a question, there are some related answers, but require more information for a definitive answer.

Can a note be added to the 'Welcome, new OP' message requesting that they stick around at least a few days and read any answers?

PaulMmn

Occupation
EIT - Engineer in Training, Lafayette College
As a premier electrical educational site i can understand the concern for common courtesy to noobs confronted with thread drift.

Perhaps they don't realize they're in front of a millennia of experience , much of which has not only fielded the same queries over and over, they've investigated the details of them.

Ergo, there's nothing malicious throwing the 'line' out for them , it's just a matter of making sure they take the bait...

~RJ~
Maybe a warning to new members: "You are now asking the Genius Bar Electrical Questions. Your answer will be -very- complete!"

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
Where do I purchase a Binford 6723 test-o-matic ? I think I should have one on hand. Sounds like a good thing to have. Will it test for corona virus?

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Since this thread was started over two years ago it's time to close it.

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.