Need helping identifying cutler hammer breaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

jprutz

First post here, I'm planning to install some gfci breakers in order to upgrade some receptacles in a friends house from 2 prong to 3 prong but having trouble identifying which breaker type I will need to buy. Can anybody help me out with the specific cutler hammer breaker type or will any tan handle one fit? If they don't make one I'll plan on just installing a gfci receptacle at the beginning of each circuit. Thanks.
breakers.jpg

kwired

Electron manager
Those are the "CH" series, they look slightly different then the new ones but they still work in old panels, old breakers still work in new panels.

Eaton acquired Westinghouse "BR" line several years ago now - that is the other popular breaker that may have a Cutler Hammer name on it, but does not interchange at all with the "CH" series, as they have completely different bus/plug-on design as well as different width to the breaker.

jprutz

After you price out those CH gfci breakers you may well decide to use recepts.

The benefit of the breakers is just being able to do it faster instead of trying to find out the beginning of the circuit. I can slap the breakers in then rock and roll and replace all the receptacles. Time=money.

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
The benefit of the breakers is just being able to do it faster instead of trying to find out the beginning of the circuit. I can slap the breakers in then rock and roll and replace all the receptacles. Time=money.

Beware of MWBCs when you do this. They were entirely legal and widely used but do not mix well with single pole GFCI breakers.

Do do you need to concern yourself with AFCIs yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.