Greenlee AutoBend 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
You'd have to do a lot of prefab work I'd think to justify one of those. Especially with what Greenlee is probably pricing it at....

tkb

It's owned by an electrical supply house that is offering prefab services.
They said it cost $ 1,000,000.00

tkb

That's a cool machine, but it's kind of slow. Plus, we didn't see how long it took to set up the parameters of the bends and load the conduit into the machine.

I thought I saw some dog leg in the pipe myself. It may have been an optical illusion.

It seems slow when bending small conduit, but if you were bending 4" at that speed it is very fast in comparison.
I doubt that anyone would bend small conduit that could be done by hand on this machine unless you had a lot of the same bend.

The parameters come from using the Greenlee BendWorks software and Revit. In the software you can manipulate the conduit run so the couplings line up and it will tell you if a bend is impossible. Also it labels the conduit in the software and a printed label comes out of the machine to identify the conduit for installation.

The dog leg was just an optical illusion. the pipe was actually perfect.

I am trying to find out if the parameters can be programed in without using the expensive software. If so it would be handy to be able to get bends done for us to use on jobsites. We would be able to get bends the next day with this shop.

Coppersmith

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
The dog leg was just an optical illusion. the pipe was actually perfect.

My hearing isn't as good as it once was, however, I believe toward the end of the video I hear someone off camera say "there's a dog in it." It didn't look like much of a dog and could easily be straightened out with a hand and foot. The snap back on pipe varies with the batch so to be expected.

Coppersmith

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
That's a cool machine, but it's kind of slow. Plus, we didn't see how long it took to set up the parameters of the bends and load the conduit into the machine.

Seemed faster than any apprentice I've ever had. Some apprentices also take a long time to program with the parameters.

Status
Not open for further replies.