NEC ARTICLE 700.10(C)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonno

Just wondering if anyone has ever routed conduit between an outdoor emergency generator and a building on pipe stands as opposed to installing in an underground duct arrangement (see below code article). I'm wondering whether there may be a issue satisfying NEC Article 700.10(C) (see below) ????

Article 700.10(C) Wiring Design and Location. Emergency wiring circuits shall be designed and located so as to minimize the hazards that might cause failure due to flooding, fire, icing, vandalism and other adverse conditions.

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
Just wondering if anyone has ever routed conduit between an outdoor emergency generator and a building on pipe stands as opposed to installing in an underground duct arrangement (see below code article). I'm wondering whether there may be a issue satisfying NEC Article 700.10(C) (see below) ????

Article 700.10(C) Wiring Design and Location. Emergency wiring circuits shall be designed and located so as to minimize the hazards that might cause failure due to flooding, fire, icing, vandalism and other adverse conditions.

In my view this comes down to sound engineering judgement. We have a similar job like this right now that has emergency feeders in outdoor elevated cable tray with jacketed MC.

Status
Not open for further replies.