Above ground pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

guschash

Have a question on the bonding of a above ground pool. Do I bond in four equal places around the pool? Do I drill and tap or can I use self tapping screws, do catch the ladder? A lot time on above pools people just take the ladder out so the kids can't get in the pool. Filter is double Insulated but pump motor isn't.

Last edited:

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Have a question on the bonding of an above ground pool. Do I bond in four equal places around the pool?
If this is not a storable pool -- 42" or less in water depth, then it must be bonded at all corners. If the pool is round then I would do as you said- as equal as possible

Mystic Pools

Occupation
Swimming Pool Contractor
No self tapping screws. Must be nut and bolts. An inspector brought this to my attention years ago when bonding a new inground vinyl pool with steel walls.
I believe this is the case as new pool heaters equipped with a factory bond lug, are bolted through the chassis.

guschash

I don't see how can nut and bolt the bond wire to the pool, seeing that the pool is already up. I agree if I was there when they were putting it together I would nut and bolt. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

guschash

Found the code section that speaks connecting bonding wire. 250.8. I'll probably drill and tap. Hope I don't spring a leak??

Status
Not open for further replies.