Query, Conduit, PVC, Box Adaptor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would appreciate it if anyone can direct me re: approved usage of PVC box adaptors. Query #01: I have been informed by AHJ that a PVC box adaptor is only approved/ listed for use in PVC boxes and not for slipping into a PVC meter offset or PVC couplings in a metal meterbase or adjacent panel or metal JB. We have often utilized a PVC meter offset (threaded male adaptor on 1 end [with sealing locknut & plastic bushing] & female solvent-weld slip coupling on opposite end) to bridge between the aluminum meterbase & the steel N3R main disconnect and the box adaptor slips (glues) into the female coupling to seal the pathway.

Query #02: Also is a box adaptor approved for N3R use since it "glues" into a coupling, but doesn't have any seal like a sealing locknut would provide on male adaptor? We only use them on the bottom side of panels, boxes, etc. or below energized bus on side entry & never in top entries. I need to have the documentation to back up however the box adaptor is rated.

No offense intended, but I am not looking for your opinion. I am looking for a manufacturer's instructions or engineering spec sheet that outlines what the listing laboratory approved usage is. If you don't know, I would at least appreciate it if you can point me in some direction to get the ball rolling. Thank you in advance for your replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.