Utility Pad mounted transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

When I read PG&E Greenbook, I noticed that there are two tables of utility Pad mounted transformers. One is called " Dimensions and Codes for style IIA,IIB,IIC,IIF and IIH Transformer Pads". another one is called " Dimensions and Codes for style IID,IIE and IIG Transformer Pads".

Is there any difference between IIF transformer pad and IIE transformer pad?

For example, if I have one lab project. Based on my load calculation, I need to choose 2500kVA utility pad mounted transformer. If I choose IIF transformer pad, the dimension is 120"x115". If I choose IIE transformer, the dimension is 106"x90".

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Best,
David

NewtonLaw

Dimension change only?

Dimension change only?

Since the physical dimension of the transformer must accommodate the kVA rating, a certain volume will be required based on that rating. It seems to me that PG&E is giving you a choice of footprint areas to choose from. The volume then would have to be made up by a different height between the options offered.

curt swartz

Electrical Contractor - San Jose, CA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Since you are referring to the PG&E Green Book I assume this is a utility owned transformer. If that is the case you have zero choice of what transformer pad gets used. The engineered documents they provide you will indicate the pad they want.

FYI...The load you calculate means nothing to them. There is a good chance they will feed your calculated load with a substantially smaller than you feel is needed.

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
We deal with this all the time. Have their estimator or engineer provide you with cut sheets of the required pad.

Status
Not open for further replies.